Item Space Allocated, But Not Drawn After Item Added to Source Object (ListCollectionView)

Dec 11, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I have the flowitemControl3D bound to a ListCollectionView (btw - this seemed to better with this control than a CollectionView).

When an item is added to the source object (which itself is an ObservableCollection), a space is made for the items in the carousel, but it is not drawn.

Any ideas on how to get it to redraw?

I have tried the overload tip in a previous disccusion, but this does not solve the issue. Perhaps this issue is also related to the bug I reported about only the center item showing after a filter is applied to the ListCollectionView.

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:50 AM

This seems to be the same problem indeed.

Dynamic data source is not something I planned to support originally... But as I got some feedback on this, I am going to work on it. (something in the virtualization logic seems not to work !

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:00 AM

Thats great news! Your project is nearly able to rival expensive commercial products and has much better animation. I'm working on integrating it into my project now. I think once others find out about it, it will become very popular. If there is anything I can do to assist you with this, please let me know.

BTW, as a workaround, I set the SelectedItemProperty after a filter or binding change. It isn't ideal, but it does cause the items to redraw properly.